For Baselworld 2014 Victorinox is releasing a limited (and numbered) titanium edition of its well known Dive Master 500 diving watch. For the first time the 500 piece edition will be powered by a mechanical chronograph movement with automatic winding. It is is equipped with an ETA 2894-2 mechanical self-winding movement, visible through the sapphire crystal caseback. This proven caliber makes the Dive Master not only a genuine diving chronograph, but an indispensable companion for everyday life.
This limited edition version of the Victorinox Dive Master 500 is also a celebration of Victorinox Swiss Army’s 25th anniversary and has a number of exclusive new features. The sandblasted mat gray 43mm case is in grade 2 titanium, and will be the first Victorinox dive watch with a sapphire crystal caseback and the sapphire crystals front and back, feature a triple anti-reflective coating.
The titanium bracelet features the same treatment as the case, while the inclusion of a helium valve at 9 o’clock on the case middle makes it apparent that this is a serious dive watch. The utilitarian looking monochrome grey dial adds to this impression.
Further dive watch characteristics include the generous use of luminescent material to aid in its use in underwater conditions. It has been applied generously to the indexes and hands, the flange on the right side, and on the 20-minute zone, and the contours of the counters at 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock. When properly charged with light the Victorinox Dive Master 500 is known to have a dial that is easily visible in low light conditions.
Lastly, the unidirectional rotating bezel features a nice touch. The 20 minute scale is also specially treated although at first glance appearing to be the same under low light conditions its apparent that the luminescent material is blue unlike the green used on indications elsewhere.
This limited edition of the Dive Master 500 will be available in Summer 2014 for a retail price of $3,295.
Victorinox Dive Master 500 – Technical Specifications
- 43 mm in grade 2 titanium, sandblasted mat gray,
- Transparent caseback, scratch resistant sapphire crystal, triple anti-reflective coating
- Screwed crown and pushers,
- Water resistant to 500 meters (50 ATM / 1,650 feet),
- Unidirectional turning bezel in grade 2 titanium, with 20 minute scale,
- Helium valve on the case middle at 9 o’clock.
- Titanium grey dial,
- And bracelet Luminescent 20 minute scale, counter contours at 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock,
- Hour and minute hands,
- Red chronograph second hand,
- Date window between 4 o’clock and 5 o’clock,
- Sandblasted mat grey bracelet in grade 2 titanium with folding buckle.
- Mechanical chronograph movement with automatic winding (ETA 2894-2),
- Functions Central hours and minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock,
- Chronograph with central seconds hand, 30-minute counter at 9 o’clock,
- 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock.