Since the beginning, Italo Fontana, creator of U-BOAT, has been intrigued by all the materials ranging from classic steel to the more technological magnesium, as well as bronze, gold, silver and ceramic. Today he adds Tungsten, more specifically tungsten carbide, the strongest natural metal. Commonly used in electrical and military applications, where even a small amount can significantly increase the strength of an alloy. These qualities greatly intrigued Italo. The Classico Chrono, timeless design and recognized U-BOAT identity, today boasts either in size 53 and 45 diameter a polished tungsten carbide bezel protecting the thick non-glare sapphire crystal, and offering a stronger resistance to potential damamge, making it always polished and “unscratchable”. The see-through case back is protected by transparent sapphire crystal skillfully cut with U shape of U-BOAT allowing one to admire the movement.
- Automatic mechanical chronograph,
- Modified and personalized at U-BOAT specifications for date display and stem position at 9 o’clock.
- Frequency 28.800 vibrations per hour; 4 Hz.
- Power reserve 44 hours.
- 25 Jewels.
- Height 7mm.
- Hours, minutes, chronograph,
- Counter small seconds at 3, counter 12 at 12, counter minutes at 6.
- Date window at 9 o’clock.
- Stainless steel 316 AISI, satin hand finish,
- Sistinguishing crown on left side, with a special protective device (protected as a Trade Mark).
- Diameter 50 and 45 mm.
- Bezel ring in polished tungsten,
- Serial number engrabed on a small plate fixed on the side of the case.
- Hand made and hand finished calf dark brown leather, stainless steel plate,
- deployante buckle, width 23/22 for 50 mm diameter, and 20/20 for 45 mm diameter.
BACK: see through, sealed with 7 external screws, sapphire glass.
DIAL: beige or black. Arabic numerals, black or beige hands and markers, treated with superluminova.
CRYSTAL: high quality sapphire, scratchproof and anti-reflective blue coating.
WATER-RESISTANCE: 100 metres – 10 ATM