In 2014 the Voyageur Collection expands with its signature timepieces, featuring two faces in one reverso case, with the Grand Prix series. Inspiration from the collection comes from the story of an unlikely champion and a historic race. On July 4, 1914 an unknown machinist, Christian Lautenschlager, hais from Germany and enters the last French Grand Prix before World War I. A crowd of over 300,000 assembled in Lyon to cheer on the contenders – vertitable Grand Prix royalty toe the line with Christian in the shadows as an almost laughable threat. Professionals, Sailer and Boillot go head to head for the duration of the race until fortunes turn and the unknown machinist makes history. The Grand Prix 1914 celebrates the undaunting spirit of Christian – to challenge and overcome the odds.
The details in the timepieces for this series are influenced from the 1914 4.5 litre Mercedes Benz driven by Christian and the latest Mercedes Benz AMG SLS GT racing coupe; from the vintage dials of the 1914 Benz to the carbon fiber in the SLS AMG. We invite you to preview the legend and series at a specially produced microsite at grandprix.korloffparis.com.
- 001 and 002 Editions: 316L stainless steel case with five layers anti-reflective sapphire crystal.
- 003 Edition: 316L matte black stainless steel chromium case.
- 001 Edition:- ETA 7750 Automatic chrono valjioux for chronograph face
– ETA 901.001 x 2 movement for two time zone formal face.
- 002 and 003 Editions: ETA 901.001 x 3 movements for each dial.
- Chronograph face features tachymeter, hours, minutes, seconds and date.
- Formal face features two time zones featuring hours and minutes with exhibition dial.
- Chronograph face on black carbon fibre dial with Arabic numbers,
- Racer red accents and super luminova treated hands.
- Formal face on pierced heart Cote de Geneve treated dial with Grand Prix 1914
- Stylized Mercedes Benz stylized dash.
- Dual material water treated strap.
- Double-stitched crocodile on black rubber to compliment each face.
- Rubber for chrono and croco for formal face.
- Buckle Patented 316L stainless steel/chromium rotating buckle.
Water Resistance: 5 ATM
Authenticity: Swiss Made, Limited Production
001 Edition – $7,340.00
002 Edition – $4,150.00
003 Edition – $4,452.00
FOR PRESS INQUIRIES:
Christopher L.A Meek
Chief Marketing Officer
P/ +1 801.319.3339
E/ [email protected]